Children's Hospital Food Pantry
This is for parents who have to stay with their sick children and live outside of Fresno and typically have little money for food.
- Individual tea or coffee packets, instant hot chocolate
- Instant Oatmeal packets (in the large boxes, we will divide them into individual packets per parent)
- Granola bars, Protein bars, Breakfast bars etc.
- Small, individual serve boxes of cereal (come in variety packs)
- Small containers of High-C or other fruit juice drinks (the type you would pack into a child's lunch box)
Lunch /Dinner items:
- Small, single serve tins or packets of tuna or chicken; ham spread;
- Peanut butter, jelly/preserves
- Snack packs of crackers/peanut better; crackers, pretzels, granola mix, trail mix
- Soups that can be heated and served (preferably w/o being mixed with water); Top Ramen; Noodle dinners
- Ravioli, spaghetti, spaghetti O's, beef stew, macaroni/cheese, chili with meat and without meat
- Small cans of vegetables (kernel corn seems to be better than peas), kidney beans and refried beans
- Small containers (come in a 6-pack) jellos, fruit cocktail, peaches, pears, applesauce, puddings.
- Boxes with the multipacks of cookies, "salted" crackers (we divide them). Graham crackers.
- Dried fruits (raisins, banana chips, apples, papaya, mango)
- Beef jerky (individual packets)
Food for Wesley United Methodist Church
Food Distribution Program
From Vickie Healy, Minister Wesley
We prepare between 185 to 200 bags of groceries each month for our food insecure neighbors - sometimes more and sometimes fewer depending on donations. Each bag is about the same. We try to limit one bag per household per month but rarely turn anyone away.
Each Food Bag contains the Following Items:
- Saltine Crackers (1 box)
- Box of Cereal (Cheerios are preferred since they work well with adults and toddlers just the same –
Generic brand okay)
- Corn (1 can)
- Peas or Green Beans (1 can, green beans are preferred)
- Tuna (1 can)
- Peanut Butter (1 jar)
- Ramen Noodles (2 packages)
- Macaroni & Cheese (2 boxes)
- Toilet tissue (1 roll)
- Soap (1 bar)
- Fresh fruits & vegetables as they are donated
Wesley will add 1 pound of Rice and 1 pound of Pinto Beans to each bag – so these items purchased in bulk is also helpful.
Wesley also prepares and serves a weekly hot meal every Thursday- this program is called “Base Camp” and is serving in the neighborhood of 75 persons per week. There is no standard menu except that we do provide a cup cake for dessert and so cake mixes can be donated for this purpose. Anything that doesn’t fit in the Food Bag or can’t be stored such as fresh food donations is distributed at the Base Camp meal.